TWITTER BLOGLOVIN PINTEREST INSTAGRAM

21 Apr 2014

a big hello!


My name is Mary and I'm a sewing virgin. 

Well, not a total virgin; more that I had one experience once with the wrong person and it put me off for a few years. That 'person' was the sewing machine I used in Home Economics at school which had no concept of 'slow', only 'fast', 'even faster' and 'you're not getting your fabric out of here without it smoking'. Not the best introduction to sewing!

 I've been gradually getting interested in sewing again for a little while, started reading, watching The Great British Sewing Bee, and finally bit the bullet with my birthday money and bought myself this beauty- a Janome J3-24. A machine that's not too complicated for beginners but will also be good for future, more complex projects, it was perfect for me and also not too horrifyingly expensive.

So here's to the start of new projects, struggling to work out what the German for 'bias tape maker' is, let alone how to pronounce it, not pouring pins all over the floor and finally succeeding in arriving at the fabric shop not during its 2 hour (!!) lunch break.


First project: Colleterie's Sorbet top; more on that next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment